Sunday 16 September 2012

3D Printer

Salam,
Have you all heard of 3D printer before?

                                     A 3D Printer      Image Courtesy of Printrbot.com

If you haven't, here's what you need to know:

  • It functions as regular printer except it prints 3D objects
  • It prints from a digital 3D image that people have designed earlier
  • Example: Printing models for architecture students
  • Instead of using ink on papers, it uses plastic and print it out layer by layer
  • 3D printer is one of the latest technology used in education
  • It enables students to understand a concept with 3D objects rather than basic 2D images
I don't know whether this technology has emerge in Malaysia or not but it is already used widely in U.S.

Maybe some of you cannot figure out how does 3D printer works, therefore, here I've provided the link to show you how it works.
Boring? Hey, there are 3D printers that can print chocolates. REAL ONES!! They use chocolate as the ink and print it layer by layer.

Oh, how I wish I have this printer so that I don't have to go the kiosk. *daydreaming 

I would like to say that I love this technology. I think not only it helps in education but also other things, like if you lost a bead of your necklace or a screw you can print out a new one.

So cool isn't it? 

All right guys, till next time :)

Ps, please do leave comments about what do you think about it :))





Sources: 



6 comments:

  1. wow! this stuff makes people's work become easier. how about it print from brilliants' people brain? hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about that but if it can, I don't think the brain can function. LOL :D

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome technology. I wonder if it can print out my guitar so that i will have two guitars perhaps? Haha.
    Anyway, i think this printer is really helpful in classroom teaching as students can experience what they learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can. But you must have a large sized 3D printer.

      Delete
  3. No doubts this printer is so cool.But I bet this printer is so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the price but I think, sooner or later the price will be affordable as time goes on. Just like handphones, before this only rich people can own them but now everybody can afford them, am I right? :)

      Delete