Tuesday 2 October 2012

SCRUMPTIOUS but POISONOUS

Now who's hungry?
Does anyone even know what are these? These are the marvellous Auntie Anne's pretzels.

Are these poisonous? Naah, this is just a gimmick to make you(Syira especially) feel curious about my entry :p

You know in pretzels production, you'll have to wash them with Sodium Hydroxide before baking. Some people think that baking soda is more preferable because it won't harm your health which means that you won't get poisoned.
Just for your information, Sodium Hydroxide is not acidic. It is a base and you won't get sick from eating it.
Furthermore, Sodium Hydroxide is actually widely used in many food processing such as chocolate processing, caramel color production, poultry scalding, soft drink processing, washing of fruits and also thickening of ice creamy yummycream.

So, this is how I'm gonna sum up everything. Sodium Hydroxide is a chemical. Chemical is closely related to science. Without science, new technology seems uneasy to be established. *This entry is also more or less related to technology I wish.
p/s: anybody realize that the title is somehow similar as this Math equation?
OUS(SCRUMPTI+POISON)

Below is the interesting part showing on how pretzels are made. Enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. Nice gimmick!!! Grrrr, yeah at first I was like "Really these pretzels are poisonous!?"

    Well, I don't wanna comment so long here. Let's eat pretzels together this weekend since they're not poisonous as you claimed they were, lulz. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, don't be surprised by the first comment. Muz will never be the first to comment anyways. That was just my gimmick too.

    She logged in using my device and forgot to sign out, sigh. So yeah, 2 comments so far for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayid is trying to help me get comments here. Ok, next week is gonna be our trip to KLCC. lET'S EAT PRETZELS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry Dyra. You will win this week LOL and because of that, treat me da pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA..I'll vote for you too for the highest number of comment for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to see the video but the internet in UIA is super fast! Anyway, chemistry is my least favourite subject in school.. So that is why I thought sodium hydroxide is acidic.. But now I know that it is a base, well, yeah.. Hehe..

    ReplyDelete