Saturday 13 October 2012

It only takes 10 steps and..it's FREE !

Salam, 


Are you one those people who always charges your hand phone everyday? 
I used to be one of those people but I learnt the tricks to save my hand phone battery and since then I only charge my phone once in two days or two days and a half the longest.

Note: Some of these tips can also be applied for laptops and other related gadgets.


1. DECREASE THE SCREEN BRIGHTNESS
For some hand phones, we can set the level of brightness. Like for Sony Ericsson, you can adjust it in the Display menu in Settings. I set mine the lowest level and I still manage to see well :).

2. USE BLACK / DARK THEME & WALLPAPER
Colourful themes and wallpaper consume more power than black and dark ones.

3. DON'T VIBRATE
Vibrate setting also uses battery, A LOT.

4. TURN ON POWER-SAVING MODE / AUTO-LOCK PHONE
For those who has this feature, you can turn on power-saving mode. For those who don't, you can set keypad lock or auto-lock. The screen will turn dark when your phone is not being used.

5. DON'T USE SCREEN SAVER / ANIMATED WALLPAPER
I know screen saver and animated wallpaper can be fancy but they also eat up your battery. LOL.

6. REDUCE / TURN OFF NOTIFICATION UPDATE
For those who always surf the Internet using your phone, you can turn off the notification setting. Though, it seems that your phone will only blink in less than a sec for each notification, think about how much power your phone uses if you have 50-100 notifications per day.

7. TURN OFF CONNECTION WHEN NOT IN USE
Remember to always turn off bluetooth when not in use. Your phone will always search for wifi, USING YOUR BATTERY, even when you cannot access it. Therefore, if your're not using it, turn it off.

8. DON'T USE YOUR PHONE WHILE IT'S CHARGING
Better yet, turn it off while it's charging. When it's full, don't leave it like that because the electricity still runs. When you've done charging, don't forget to turn the charger off and unplug it form its socket. You don't want any vampire power don't you? Well, except for vampire Robert Pattison <3 LOL

9. LOWER DOWN THE VOLUME
Relax guys. The purpose is for you yourself to be alert when people call or text you. Therefore, you don't need to set the volume until the whole lecture hall can hear your phone, right? Plus, you can save the embarrassment you get when people shushing you in the cinema. *Tell me who have been hushed in the cinema for forgetting to silent your phone?

10. USE SHORTER/ LESS COMPLEX RINGTONE ALERT
Okay. This is just my method of saving battery. I don't know if it actually contributes in saving my battery or not. HAHA! For sms alert, I only use the 'beep' or 'click' sound. Have  you ever feel annoyed with people who texts a lot and you keep on hearing the same annoying sms ringtone every 1-2 minutes? Well, I do. Especially if they use annoying ringtones. Blurgh!   Well, with this method, nobody will feel annoyed with you :)


There are plenty other tricks in saving your battery but these are some that I usually practice.


Happy saving! (battery and money, as well, for future :D )

Till next time :)





15 comments:

  1. Brilliant ideas Kinah! Before this, I had to charge my phone like twice a day. Now, after I've been applying some of these fantastic tips, I only charge my lovely Corby like 3 days once (like I'm serious!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to help :D, anyway, it still depends on your usage. I still need to charge for days that i call and text a lot. Some of these I actually practice them but some of them I got them from the link that i've included :)

      Delete
  2. Haha..I guess it is more like green computing but I think this will be tips for green phoning..haha..anyway,good sharing because I never apply all the tips mentioned above before.I should start to use the tips by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, hey, we should never betray our "green computing" hehehe. green phoning ea, green phoning :D

      yeah2, u should practice now! :D

      Delete
  3. Ah, I did most of that but learned few others and I don't know about vampire power. Interesting read <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Zaim, we did mentioned about the vampire power when we presented on the topic of "green computing" last semester. You might not paying attention to the presentation I guess. haha :)

      Delete
    2. Well said Mufidah. LOL :P

      Delete
  4. well.. umm.. i know many of the things u mentioned but i still did one thing over and over again though i know its wrong and can shorten up my phone's life (my phone is my life! figuratively).. i always use my phone while it is still charging.. hahaha.. anyway, thanx for sharing this with us..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sometimes I do it too! LOL. Yeah, I know your phone's your life. No doubt bout that! :P

      Delete
  5. Good one Kina! Now I know what to do when my phone's at the brink of death LOL. Since Im always in that situation of getting that "Low Battery" blink every now and then. Especially when the pops and ma tryna get hold of me! THANX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks kina for these brilliant ideas :D *editing my phone setting*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eceh, right away tuhhh hehe. Your welcome :D

      Delete