Tuesday 30 October 2012

Philip Woo"HUE"!!!

Yellowww peeps! How's everyone doing? Missing me? No? Yes? Extremely? Don't care? Yeah, I figured. Let's just cut to the chase. So, I've found this really SICK gizmo. 




It's the ...*drum rolls* Philip Hue smart lightbulbs! Check out the pitcha! It's not your ordinary, orange, overheat, bulky, wired with filament bulb. It's PHILIP HUE LIGHTBULB! *throws fist in the air*


Philips is dragging the humble bulb into the future with its "Hue" technology - wirelessly controlled light orbs that give you complete control over the lighting in your house.



The Hue bulbs look like ordinary lightbulbs, and screw into light sockets as normal. Inside each bulb, however, is a wireless transmitter that communicates with a hub you plug into the back of your router. 












Once connected, you can use a Web site or download an app, then use the wonderful power of Internet to fiddle with the lights in your home.



The special bulb can spit out any hue in the spectrum, so the first thing you'll likely do is light your home and give your neighbors a temporary photosensitve epilepsy from that bulbs of yours which do wonders in changing colors.


Philips Hue offers up to 80% less power than a traditional bulb, making it last as long as 15 years or 15,000 burning hours. I KNOW RIGHT! O_O 

It will be available from 199$, with additional bulbs cost around 59$. I know it's pricey, but in the long run, I feel that it's a very good investment. Plus sooner or later, the price will definitely decrease.

Till then fellow Netizens. Ciao!



3 comments:

  1. This is so coooooool! I am always amazed by beautiful neon lights. I love colorful things. I guess I can cheer up my room with this bulb. Available in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right!! As far as i know, it's just been released in the US few days back. So i thnk it will take some time for this gadget to hit our shore. Well, we just need to be wide awake on the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you Farid. I can imagined how romantic will my room be with this light.

    ReplyDelete