Sunday 14 October 2012

On your mark, Ready, Set, SCAN!


Assalamualaikum and howdyyyyy! How’s everyone doin? So here I am on a Lazy Sunday tryna relax and think what I should write for this week’s entry. Nothing came into my mind, well sorta. Here’s the thing. At first. I thought of doing an entry on this cool app that acts as a bug repellent but that worked out SO WELL. Obviously. -__-Turned out, mosquitoes are pretty savage. Moving on...And then I was thinking of writing on a rubbish bin! A cool one tho. After a while, I was like “Rubbish bin? REALLY? SERIOUSLY Muz?” Sighhh..Just stop right there. Don’t judge me. I KNOW. 

QR Code

Then it hit me. QR Codes! That’s it! By now, I think you guys must have encountered this alien – looking thing (look up!) that’s been around often lately, no? You must be thinking “Just what on Earth is this thing that’s on my face all the time?” Well, fret not. This very alien – looking image is what you call QR Codes my friend. The very reason why they are more cooler than the blerghh standard barcode is that they can store (and digitally present) much more data, including URL links, geo coordinates and text. The other thing that will make you go “DAYUM!” is instead of requiring a chunky hand-held scanner to scan them, just like the ones in supermarkets, many mobiles can scan them.  You just take a picture of a QR code with your oh-so-sophisticated idiotphone, eh my bad, and you’ll instantly get directed to the website that will provide you all the information that you will need to know.

Be it information on ad, a business card, menu, magazine and the list goes on. Mind you, it’s everywhere right now. Like ‘it’s- been- on- CSI’ everywhere! And the best thing, you too can create a QR Code, you can either embed it with a link or you know, just send a lil secret message to your crush in codes *wink* (Just sayin!) or you know do the same ol boring stuff like send your contact information, email address etc. So now you can have the feel of being Sherlock Holmes O_O 

Anyways, you can go HERE to know more about QR Codes. It explains WAAAAAAAY better in detail than I do. Also how it’s really a BIG THING right now.


Just coz it says "Uncensored", don't go scannin on it! Come on now!

                                            
                                                      Told ya IT'S HUGE. This one's from Pepsi.








3 comments:

  1. I always get headhache when I look at the QR codes @___@

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know righttt!! For me, im always thinking that theres a secret image or code hidden in that whole thing. Which clearly is not. Or is it??? hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. it interesting to send information secretly without others know.heheh

    ReplyDelete