Sunday 4 November 2012

Little feet, huge energy

 Salam everyone.. I hope you are doing fine :)


I wanted to tell you about POWERleap. What is that? Well, it is a technology of "a flooring system that converts wasted energy from human foot traffic into electricity". So, whenever someone step onto the tiles, their steps will be converted into electricity. Let us imagine if this floor tiling system is applied in train stations or even sidewalks, how many energy can we get? How cool is that?


Actually, this POWERleap concept tiles had been showcased in 2007 as part of Metropolis magazine's Next Generation design competition. 

I wonder if Malaysia have this but it would be awesome if we can have it in Malaysia one day.

2 comments:

  1. This is cool. It can also be a perfect playground for children, well they're gonna be so-called recruited as the hidden laborers! :D

    I really believe Malaysia should have this! Even though it might not generate as much energy as the nuclear power, it is enough to store 'wasted energy' from humans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always want to try the dance pad at the shopping mall but I always feel shy that people will look at me strangely.I guess with this Poowerleap,I don't have to feel embarrass as this is is to generate electricity and everyone will do the same thing with me.

    ReplyDelete