Monday 5 November 2012

A Music Player Blasting Through Your Skull

What!? Can't hear you...Please repeat that..I was just chilling out with my new fix, the "Play-A-Grill" . As you know....like seriousleyyyy "Beats are sooooo yesterdayyy!like ohmagawwwd.." *inserts bimbo voice + flashes hand*

Play-A-Grill

Lil Wayne and T-Pain may have bling bling on their pearly whites but they got nothing on THIS BAD BOY! Yeah, that's right. You heard me. Artist, Aisen Caro Chacin came up with this idea, the Play-A-Grill, a project she developed at Parsons The New School for Design, transmits music through the wearer's teeth to the inner ear.


To create it, Chacin embedded the electronics from an MP3 player,an amplifier circuit, and a motor into a wax old of her upper mouth just like the picture above. The motor drives vibrations from the MP3 player, controlled with the tongue, into the cochlea, where they're translated as sound. 

Pretty cool eh? So now...you can literally pump it up to full blast your fav jam in your ear! Just...don't be deaf at the end of the day. Coz the last thing you want is your eardrum to bleed hehe..Seriously though.. In my humble opinion, I love my music to be really loud. The louder the better :P However I would think twice for this particular gadget cos it seems pretty barbaric! Just thot of sharing cos I think it's outrageous and definitely taking the whole "listening your music to full blast" to another level! Not gonna risk myself getting electrocuted (you never know!) and you might end up with a paralyzed/dislocated jaw or even eardrums exploding! YIIKES :/

Anyways, that's pretty much it. Till then, signing out! Enjoy !

4 comments:

  1. LOL can this be another alternative to orthodontic braces? Well I guess that's pretty insane to have this built inside your mouth! How are you gonna eat, drink or talk? OMG. Can this Play-A-Grill be removed easily? I guess we just need a Beats headphone to enjoy the music :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knowwww ths seems really crazyyy but yknw like i said jst wantd to share hw tech is evolving. Beats is awesome bt it still uses the same old headphones right which u still need to wear it close to ur ears. But THIS my friend uve gtta have it in YOUR MOUTH. Just hw bizarre is that. Nevertheless, i still wudnt risk anythng.

    ReplyDelete